COVID-19 & Other Updates
Both offices are offering Covid-19 viral testing with walk-in or scheduled visits
- RAPID TESTING is available at both offices. Due to changing legal requirements and to stay in compliance with the NCDHHS we have updated our rapid testing policy to provider-only visits for all new patients. The rapid Covid-19 test is now only available to people who currently have symptoms of Covid-19 or who have been exposed to Covid-19
- Covid-19 viral swab is a nasopharyngeal (nose) swab completed in office and sent to the lab to test for an active Covid-19 viral infection. We test for exposure to the virus and if you have symptoms.
- This test does take time to be completed at an outside laboratory, with results coming back within 3-5 days.
- Per NC DHHS recommendations all persons tested for Covid-19 will need to quarantine at home and will not be allowed to return to work.
When can I safely end quarantine after being sick?
You can be around others after:
- 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
- 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving
When can I end quarantine after testing positive for Covid but I have no symptoms?
If you continue to have no symptoms, you can be with others after 10 days have passed since you had a positive viral test for COVID-19.
I’ve been exposed to someone who has had Covid-19, what do I do?
- Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19, stay away from other people, and monitor your temperature
- Your local public health authorities make the final decisions about how long quarantine should last. Consider getting tested 3-5 days after exposure
- Please note that a negative test result does NOT mean that you can end quarantine early
Our Charlotte location will be open Monday-Friday 8am-7pm and Saturdays 9am-3pm
Salisbury will be open Monday-Friday 7:30am-6:30pm and Saturdays 9am-3pm
Both offices are closed on Sundays.
Covid-19 Testing Prior to Travel
- Covid-19 testing prior to travel is self-pay only. Please review all travel requirements for your destination prior to being tested.
- Rapid covid-19 travel test is $150
- Send-out PCR Covid-19 travel test is $175
- Please note we cannot guarantee that a person’s send out test will result in time for their planned travel date
Occupational Medicine Update
- *COVID-19 Update* We are able to partner with companies who require on-site temperature testing for all employees. If you need on-site temperature screening or COVID testing please call our office.
- Both offices are now NIOSH certified in silica and coal spirometry. We continue to provide PFT and asbestos exams
Influenza (Flu) Season
The CDC recommends the influenza vaccine for everyone age 6 months and older. Vaccination is especially important for people at high risk of influenza complications including pregnant women, adults over 65 years, and children less than 5 years.
Both offices have the flu vaccine. We recommend everyone gets vaccinated by November 1, 2020. On average the vaccine takes 2 weeks to take effect.
Currently in NC influenza cases are minimal (CDC Surveillance)
- We will continue to provide occupational medicine (including DOT physicals), suboxone, sick visits, worker’s compensation, and follow-up visit services in our offices.
- We are currently accepting new patients.
- We have enacted further cleaning policies between patients to ensure the safety of our office. We do advise all patients to stay in your vehicle until a staff member is ready to bring you into the office after the check-in process at the front desk
- Car triage will be done for all patients who present to our clinics with cough, fever, or shortness of breath.
- Please call our office and wait in your car. We are limiting the number of people in our lobby to enact social distancing. Office numbers can be found in the list below or on our Contact Page
- Charlotte: 704-688-9650
- Salisbury: 704-637-8040
Do you know the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Fever, Chills
- Muscle aches
- Nausea and Diarrhea
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore throat
- Loss of sense of smell
- Loss of sense of taste
- Nasal congestion
- Low back pain
Telemedicine is currently available.
Telemedicine is available by appointment only. Call our office to schedule.
On March 17, 2020 Congress passed a law allowing Medicare to waive some telehealth restrictions only during a government state of emergency, which we are in now. Commercial insurers have also started allowing the use of virtual visits. If you are concerned about coverage please contact your insurer to see if they have included telehealth visits.
- Sign up for FREE here: https://zoom.us/
- Please make sure you download the Zoom app OR if using your computer run a test meeting to ensure your camera and microphone are working.
- We will need your email address in order to schedule your Zoom telehealth visit. All meetings are arranged via email. The email will include the visit website URL and a meeting ID number.
- We ask that you have a thermometer at home to check your temperature for online visits.
- Visit reasons for use:
- Allergies, UTI concerns, Rash or skin issues, Red eye, Minor sprains/strains, Anxiety/depression, Smoking cessation
- Follow up visits
More Control Over Your Healthcare
ProMed Healthcare uses cloud based services allowing our patients online access to their own electronic medical records (EMR) and communication services in the patient portal.
- Receive lab/x ray reports
- Request appointments
- Communicate with your medical practice
Once we receive your email address, we can send you information on how to register for secure and confidential access to the patient portal. Please call our office or stop by the front desk to update your email address.