Both offices are offering Covid-19 viral and antibody testing with walk-in or scheduled visits
- Covid-19 viral swab is a nasopharyngeal (nose) swab completed in office to test for an active Covid-19 viral infection. We test for exposure to the virus and if you have symptoms.
- This test does take time to be completed at an outside laboratory, with results coming back within 3 days.
- Per NC DHHS recommendations all persons tested for Covid-19 will need to quarantine at home and will not be allowed to return to work.
- If you have been tested for Covid-19 you may return to work if: it has been 14 days since the onset of symptoms and you have been asymptomatic for the last 72 hours without fever-reducing medications.
- Covid-19 antibody test is a blood test to check for antibodies to the Covid-19 virus. Antibodies are made from the immune system to fight an infection. The antibody test looks for past infection to Covid-19. If the antibody test is positive, it means a person may have been previously infected with Covid-19 but it does not mean a person is currently contagious or immune to Covid-19. As more research is being published we are continuously learning about this new virus and tests available and will keep you updated.
Resuming Normal Office Hours:
Our Charlotte location will be open Monday-Friday 8am-7pm and Saturdays 9am-3pm
Salisbury will be open Monday-Friday 7:30am-6:30pm and Saturdays 9am-3pm
Both offices are closed on Sundays.
Occupational Medicine Update
*COVID-19 Update* We are able to partner with companies who require on-site temperature testing for all employees. If you need on-site temperature screening or COVID testing please call our office.
Do you know the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Fever, Chills
- Muscle aches
- Nausea and Diarrhea
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore throat
- Loss of sense of smell
- Loss of sense of taste
- We will continue to provide occupational medicine (including DOT physicals), suboxone, sick visits, worker’s compensation, and follow-up visit services in our offices.
- We are currently accepting new patients.
- We have enacted further cleaning policies between patients to ensure the safety of our office. If you are concerned about your risk of exposure you may stay in your vehicle until a staff member is ready to bring you into the office.
- Car triage will be done for all patients who present to our clinics with cough, fever, or shortness of breath.
- Please call our office and wait in your car. We are limiting the number of people in our lobby to enact social distancing. Office numbers can be found in the list below or on our Contact Page
- Charlotte: 704-688-9650
- Salisbury: 704-637-8040
Telemedicine is currently available.
Telemedicine is available by appointment only. Call our office to schedule.
On March 17, Congress passed a law allowing Medicare to waive some telehealth restrictions only during a government state of emergency, which we are in now. Commercial insurers have also started allowing the use of virtual visits. If you are concerned about coverage please contact your insurer to see if they have included telehealth visits.
- Sign up for FREE here: https://zoom.us/
- Please make sure you download the Zoom app OR if using your computer run a test meeting to ensure your camera and microphone are working.
- We will need your email address in order to schedule your Zoom telehealth visit. All meetings are arranged via email. The email will include the visit website URL and a meeting ID number.
- We ask that you have a thermometer at home to check your temperature for online visits.
- Visit reasons for use:
- Sore throat, Allergies, UTI concerns, Rash or skin issues, Red eye, Minor sprains/strains, Anxiety/depression, Smoking cessation
- Follow up visits
- COVID-19 concerns (some patients may need to be evaluated and tested in the office)
More Control Over Your Healthcare
ProMed Healthcare uses cloud based services allowing our patients online access to their own electronic medical records (EMR) and communication services in the patient portal.
- Receive lab/x ray reports
- Request appointments
- Communicate with your medical practice
Once we receive your email address, we can send you information on how to register for secure and confidential access to the patient portal. Please call our office or stop by the front desk to update your email address.