Both offices are offering COVID-19 viral testing with walk-in or scheduled visits
- Rapid tests are available at both offices if supplies are available. Please be aware that there has been a national shortage of testing supplies and rapid testing may not be performed due to this. Due to changing legal requirements and to stay in compliance with the NCDHHS we have updated our rapid testing policy to provider-only visits for all patients.
- The rapid Covid-19 test is now only available to people who currently have symptoms
- Our rapid test is completed through the BD Veritor test antigen test.
- Please note: a negative test does not rule out COVID-19 due to false negative results on rapid antigen testing. Based on reasons for testing, our providers will discuss any necessary quarantine with you.
- PCR is a nasopharyngeal (nose) swab completed in office and sent to the lab to test for the Covid-19 virus.
- This test does take time to be completed at an outside laboratory, with results coming back within 3-5 days.
- We test for exposure to the virus and if you have symptoms.
- Per NC DHHS recommendations all persons tested for Covid-19 will need to quarantine at home and will not be allowed to return to work.
Do you know the symptoms of COVID-19?
Covid-19 Testing Prior to Travel
- Covid-19 testing prior to travel is self-pay only. Please review all travel requirements for your destination prior to being tested.
- Send-out PCR Covid-19 travel test is $180
- Please note we cannot guarantee that a person’s send out test will result in time for their planned travel date
COVID-19 Quarantine & Exposure
When can I safely end quarantine after being sick?
You can be around others after:
- 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
- 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving
When can I end quarantine after testing positive for Covid but I have no symptoms?
- If you continue to have no symptoms, you can be with others after 10 days have passed since you had a positive viral test for COVID-19.
I’ve been exposed to someone who has had Covid-19, what do I do?
- Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19, stay away from other people, and monitor your temperature
- Your local public health authorities make the final decisions about how long quarantine should last. Consider getting tested 3-5 days after exposure
- Please note that a negative test result does NOT mean that you can end quarantine early